WAG Kathy Klages coaching at Twistars!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

An hour's drive isn't much to ensure that your child isn't with these creeps anymore at Gedderts...it would be that or pick a new sport because we're not staying there...
Never said it wasn't worth it...I drove more than an hour for several years. I was just providing information about the "aren't there any other gyms nearby" question that was asked. No, there are not.

Never said it wasn't worth it...I drove more than an hour for several years. I was just providing information about the "aren't there any other gyms nearby" question that was asked. No, there are not.

Oh sorry...under 3 hours is "nearby" for me....and I've known a few families that left Gedderts for other gyms so I figured there was something else in the general vicinity.

https://usagym.org/pages/aboutus/pages/permanently_ineligible_members.html
(This list is also included each month in Technique Magazine which is sent to professional members and I believe included in USA Gymnastics magazine which is sent to ALL USAG Members including athletes)

Was Nassar ever a USAG member? He was USAG Staff, but I don't know if USAG can actual ban someone who was never a USAG member...anyone know ?!?

Thanks. It was good to see that the coach I am thinking of is now banned. So they do update it.

https://usagym.org/pages/aboutus/pages/permanently_ineligible_members.html
(This list is also included each month in Technique Magazine which is sent to professional members and I believe included in USA Gymnastics magazine which is sent to ALL USAG Members including athletes)

Was Nassar ever a USAG member? He was USAG Staff, but I don't know if USAG can actual ban someone who was never a USAG member...anyone know ?!?
If he wasn't requested to be a member due to the type of staff member he was, that was a huge mistake on USAG's part. I mean anyone who has contact with the gymnasts to that extent should absolutely be required to be a member, for the safety of the gymnasts and the doctors. Ugh I just hate how big of a mess this all isn't.

Until the culture changes from a win no matter the cost mentality to a culture that puts the wellbeing of children first, situations like this will continue.

The USAG needs to step up and act decisively. Look back on the experiences of other sports and organizations and how they got through and past abuse crises. Every time an article comes out, the entire sport in the US loses nore credibility and makes recovery more difficult.

he WAS a member. look for his name soon. there are so many things i would like to discuss but i can't right now. everything is not what it appears.

Seems like a really stupid thing to do on Twistars part. I wonder how much this will affect their business, or if parents are willing to let this pass.
I don't think any of this has affected business much. Invitational still full, look at the numbers on my meet scores also camp is still full. There are quite a few good gyms many with college recruits within 2 hours of the gym including at least 3 in metro Detroit with great gyms. Many parents are lured by the Olympic coach the same parents who would also be thrilled to have the experienced college coach. The "it didn't happen to my kid, so whatever " thing is part of the problem.

I don't think any of this has affected business much. Invitational still full, look at the numbers on my meet scores also camp is still full. There are quite a few good gyms many with college recruits within 2 hours of the gym including at least 3 in metro Detroit with great gyms. Many parents are lured by the Olympic coach the same parents who would also be thrilled to have the experienced college coach. The "it didn't happen to my kid, so whatever " thing is part of the problem.

you're right on that. there are many coaches and some owners that do not have the ability to get valid credentials. yet they still coach and own.

He can run, but he cannot hide. Geddert is a weasel.

Given the media backlash, I would guess that that schedule (assuming it was authentic) has been thrown in the trash and she won't be there this week.

Unfortunately, it shows a continued lack of focus on safety in this sport. There needs to be a massive change in culture in these "elite" areas of this sport thst our children love.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back