WAG Now, about NOT switching. :-)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

tckc

Proud Parent
I received so much good advice about gym shopping, and I hope I can get the same on evaluating a going concern. Hypothetically, if you were to find out that your gym is about to be sold what questions would you ask of the new owner regarding business plans and financial stability? We've been burned once with a great coach/bad business-person situation. The hypothetical new owner is also a great coach, but if we decided to stick around, I don't want to be revisiting the "questions to ask" thread again in a year or two due to the gym not being financially viable.

Many thanks!

First thing that comes to mind:

Staff carry-over. How much of the original coaching staff is staying through the acquisition (maybe the original owner is staying to coach, but selling ownership? Is HC staying the same?)

I second @tucktwisttumble s point... see how much of the staff stays behind before making any decisions. The gym's environment may not change at all if some of the coaches or at least the head coach is staying and the main change is the gym owner.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back