Parents Olympian files lawsuit against USAG physician

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Did they or should they have reported him to other places in which he was affiliated (schools, Twistars, msu) ? Or just to the FBI, and was the FBI even on alert?!? Oh my

(Updated autocorrect)

Speaking of dunno, where has he been? Miss his insight into so much of the world of gymnastics.

And as far as this doctor is concerned, I had watched many of his YouTube videos regarding SLJ, Severs, hip issues, etc., and now I watched some again and almost vomit looking at him touching those girls and demonstrating stretches and physio with them.

i'm here. :)

I would imagine this to be a very difficult moment for coaches who've been significantly involved with the USAG elite women's programs for the last few decades. I know we have such people, including Dunno, on the site. Please know that many of us are thinking of you all with concern right now as well too.

I don't know what's going to come of all of this, but the sport has so many people who've devoted large chunks of their lives to helping their athletes, ranging all the way from Olympians to brand new L2s, to work toward their dreams. The betrayal of trust that appears to have taken place here is a betrayal of their trust and lifelong commitment as well.

hard to quantify the betrayal...

Remember too that assumption of innocence and the need to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt are concepts in the criminal law context. One need not be shown to be culpable at that level of certainty to suffer negative consequences in other walks of life. In fact, in some American states, people work in an employment-at-will context and can be fired for any reason that does not violate anti-discrimination laws. Even in states without employment at will and in unionized environments (i.e., public schools), employees accused of gross misconduct are frequently suspended while an investigation is taking place.

Once we get into the realm of speech, there's even less restriction. For a public figure, the only kind of speech that can be punished is knowing falsehoods disseminated with actual malice.

prima facie...

From the Twistars site: "Dr. Larry, as we affectionately call him"....really Geddert? I thought your enormous back tattoo after London was in poor taste but this?!

this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back