WAG Rant

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

All Chalked Up

Coach
Gymnast
I've been dealing with some pretty bad upper & mid back pain lately (enough to bring me to tears, which is unheard of for me) and had to sit down and ice/rest it the last two practices (also unheard for me).

My coach is making me take the next practice off, which conveniently is right before a meet! This also came pretty close to bringing me to tears also :rolleyes: She also wants me to take a couple practices off after the competition and see where it goes from there. She isn't even too hot on me conditioning.

I know it could be worse & it is for the best & I sound like an over-dramatic brat, but this is seriously like the end of the world for me.

The other coach had me freaking out over stress fractures, herniated discs, MRI's, bone scans, vertebrae swelling, etc. :eek: I'm sure it's not the case but I am very freaked out.

Thanks for listening

It is NOT the end of the world. Take a deep breath, talk to your parents, see a doctor, focus on the other activities in your life.

Other than school, the only activities I do is gymnastics & coaching.

Just freaked out a bit when "time off" and "competition" and "possible stress fracture/herniated disc" where in the same sentence.

Sounds like your coaches really care about you, not just your scores in the now.

You're lucky. Take advantage of that & get checked out. Tell your parents & get thee to a doctor.

You said you coach? So have you recently started a group of kids on a new skill that has you spotting a lot or in a new position/stance.

Your not going to die and the world isn't going to end because you aren't doing gymnastics. I'm assuming your parents know this and hopfully have a DR appt set up for you. Don't be surprised if the recommendation is a few MONTHS of no gymnastics. Back pain is nothing to fool around with and when you have healed if all is well the gymnastics will still be there. Last year my DD had back pain so bad she was in tears - went to the DR and thank God it wasn't stress fractures just issues with the muscles the only cure NO GYMNASTICS for 2 months. She healed by the time sectionals and states came along with that break. it wasn't her best routines when she came back but she did compete. When Sep came because of all the uptraining she was doing her back once again had issues 6 weeks of rest 3 missed meets and she was good.

so Breath In Breath Out - its just gymnastics no need for drama if you have to miss things because your health is more important than any sport or activity.

If you have to miss your meets again its not the end of the world its just a meet or two in one season.

Not sure how I did it. I do coach, but ironically did not coach the week said back pain started happening, so I don't know. Will be seeing a doctor

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back