Should I Be Moved Up To Level 5?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

D

dreamergymnast

Should I be moved up to level 5? Here are my skills: Back extension with straight arms, round off double back handspring, kip on high/low bar with straight arms, cartwheel on beam, handstand on beam, and front handspring on vault. Oh, and front handspring on floor. All these skills are very nice and have good form, but should I be moved up? And yes, I have a squat on for bars.

That is for your coach to decide. There is more to it than just which skills you have and how good they are. What about competition experience? What about polish and presentation? Are you able to commit to the hours involved? Does your gym have available space in the level 5 team? All these factors need to also be considered.

I believe you need a flyaway, clear hip above horizontal & a baby giant to compete bars. A backwalkover on high beam in order to compete beam. & last but not least, a front tuck, front handspring stepout front handspring and a round off back handspring back tuck. I am going to assume you don't have these skills since you did not mention them... If i were your coach, I probably would have you compete level four.

I believe you need a flyaway, clear hip above horizontal & a baby giant to compete bars. A backwalkover on high beam in order to compete beam. & last but not least, a front tuck, front handspring stepout front handspring and a round off back handspring back tuck. I am going to assume you don't have these skills since you did not mention them. (?) The coach will move you up if he/she feels you are ready for the next level! It sounds like you would be more successful competing level four then competing level five.

You would need quite a few other skills. Right now it sounds like you have all the lv 4 skills down. It would be up to your coach to decide whether or not they think your ready to move to lv 5. Some of the skills you would need are a flyaway and a clear hip on bars, back tuck on floor, and back-walkover on beam.

I mixed up the levels. I meant to put New Level 4 (Old Level 5) but I mixed it up.

That is for your coach to decide. There is more to it than just which skills you have and how good they are. What about competition experience? What about polish and presentation? Are you able to commit to the hours involved? Does your gym have available space in the level 5 team? All these factors need to also be considered.
Well, my coach recommended I move up to L4 (meant to put should I be moved to L4 not 5), and with competition experience... not much. I have been in gymnastics nearly 2 years and competed one season of L2 then apparently got moved to L4.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back