Parents Gifts for secret buddies

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

momof5

Proud Parent
DD's gym pairs the kids up for the competion season by giving them all secret buddies. Her buddy is aan 11 year old L7.. They are supposed to buy them a gift before every competion. The thoughts that I had were things for her hair and candy. Does anybody else have any great ideas?

Our gym did away with the secret sister thing this year because some parents complained it cost too much(it doesn't have too!!!) and others felt bad because a secret sister gave them very nice gifts. Can't win.

Some thoughts for an 11 yo----small stuffed animals, inexpensive water bottle, candy---not healthy, but enjoyed. I found that many girls really like cards handmade by their "secret" sister. My gymmie's fav gift was a cute little journal that she could put her initials on. She keeps it in her gym bag and plans on using it again this year to write down goals for each meet.

Just remembered---bubble bath type stuff.

We have done this before only with our own teammates on DD's level and you did it once or twice a season depending on the number of girls and the number of meets. The best were the notes and small treats like candy, lip gloss, notebooks, once a corn bag (handmade hot packs it cold in MN), hair clips cute pens, small pic frame. Its the note and thought that count. We love to do this DD is already with the first gift.:eek:

I would stay away from foods/candy. Hard to tell who's allergic to what these days.

Hair things, lip stuff, water bottles, Gym pin's are pretty popular too. If they are anything like our L7's... a roll of pretape and coaches tape would be welcome too. ;)

I know a PP said to stay away from food, but baking some cookies and giving her some is what we do sometimes to change it up. Dd will make a good luck card. For the big "States" meet maybe a good luck balloon with a Hershey bar attached to it. Sometimes a hug does the trick!

Dd is now a big sister for the first time. The above things are stuff that she will do throughout the yr for her little sister who is Bronze in IGC. It's a different team in the gym, but the HC/owner is trying to keep them all as one as opposed to separate teams. The little ones love anything that is done.

Phone charms for the ones with mobile phones - you can get gymnast ones too. They are not expensive and they love the dangly bits on their phones.

On the food issue---which is a good point since we have a L9 who is VERY allergic to peanuts----ask someone about the girl if you don't know her. Before the program got cut at our gym, the girls filled out little slips about favorite color, foods etc. That did make it alot easier. They also had to leave clues about themselves with each little gift. They had a blast figuring out who their secret sis was.

Gym mum UK----great idea about the cell phone charms!!! They also have sticky things to put on them. Great little inexpensive gifts!

My DD loves those little things that go in the holes in her Crocs (can't remember what they're called). There's also tons of things on some of the gymnastics websites. Try GymTreasures or Ten-O.com. They've got some good stuff. My daughter loves the Club Cub bears (about $10 each), the level pins (about $5 each) and the Crocs things. Oh, and those gummy bracelets. Ten-O has a selection of those with sayings on them like "Got Chalk" and "I love gymnastics."

We do that at our gym, but it doesn't seem like many actually do it. My DD made a card for her when she first found out who it was, her big sis is a L6. She hasn't competed yet this year, but I think she might this spring, so we will step it up. She gave my DD one of her old stuffed animals and DD loves it. She always tells people it is from her big sister. :D

My DD loves those little things that go in the holes in her Crocs (can't remember what they're called). There's also tons of things on some of the gymnastics websites. Try GymTreasures or Ten-O.com. They've got some good stuff. My daughter loves the Club Cub bears (about $10 each), the level pins (about $5 each) and the Crocs things. Oh, and those gummy bracelets. Ten-O has a selection of those with sayings on them like "Got Chalk" and "I love gymnastics."
Ooh thanks for the sites! They have cute stuff!!

Lots of stocking stuffer ideas for Pixie, hehe!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back