WAG Let's play fantasy gymnastics!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Just gonna throw this out there: Fantasy gymnastics, for me, would be a sport where they could pursue high aspirations that did NOT consume every waking moment of their (ok, truth, MY) life! My gymmie isn't burning out, but I sure am.
This is why I like the Y program. Other than summer camp (2 hrs a day for 5 days), max hours a week are 7.5. Leaves a lot OK girls wanting more or happy that they can do other stuff too ☺

My fantasy for J.O. gymnastics would have been to have a coach who really wanted to see me succeed. I had a coach who was supportive and understood my desire to be really good and my self-consciousness about being older than the other kids, and a coach who just didn't care about me because I wasn't a phenom. Really wished the whole program could have agreed that they were dedicated to kids who want to do gymnastics and work really hard...not about talent or competition.

My fantasy for NAIGC gymnastics in college - just wished we'd HAD a coach, and scheduled/organized practices instead of open gym 24/7. Unfortunately the desire to be an inclusive organization and draw a lot of members meant it was hard to develop that kind of dedication and "seriousness" .

Just gonna throw this out there: Fantasy gymnastics, for me, would be a sport where they could pursue high aspirations that did NOT consume every waking moment of their (ok, truth, MY) life! My gymmie isn't burning out, but I sure am!

Very thankful we have a gym that has low hours.

You know, I wonder how DD would do if she was at an "elite" gym. Don't get me wrong, DD has amazing coaches, and I absolutely love her gym. DD has been pretty successful this season, and it makes me wonder what could be if she was at one of 'those' gyms.

Then, I think maybe they wouldn't have even accepted her into the team-track in the first place. She could have been written off as 'too tall' or some other reason. Even if she had been taken onto the homeschooling, super-team ..... would it still be her passion? Would she still wake up every practice day excited that she has practice that night? Or would it be too stressful and it would feel more of a job than a sport?

It's hard to play the "what if" game because you never see the negatives that come with those "what ifs."

Ok, how tall is she? She can't be that tall, geez. And I know she is an amazing gymnast. But you have mentioned her height before, so I am now wondering? And heck there are awesome gymnasts in division 1 who are QUITE tall.

Ok, how tall is she? She can't be that tall, geez. And I know she is an amazing gymnast. But you have mentioned her height before, so I am now wondering? And heck there are awesome gymnasts in division 1 who are QUITE tall.

She's 4'7" as an 8yo (she's nearly 9), and she's barely grown this year. ;)
I'm hoping that her growth curve is going to start leveling out now!

Dd grew the most between 9-11. She grew about 4 inches. She's almost 12, training lv 8 (after lv 7 regionals) and is about 4'10". She's tall at gym but so so short compared to her school peers.

Ok, so I am hoping my kid gets to 5 feet, so we are at the other end of the spectrum...:confused:...but this said, who cares how tall your dd is, you have obviously found a quality gym that sees she has talent and doesn't view being taller than average as a hindurance. So hooray for that!:D

Just gonna throw this out there: Fantasy gymnastics, for me, would be a sport where they could pursue high aspirations that did NOT consume every waking moment of their (ok, truth, MY) life! My gymmie isn't burning out, but I sure am!

Yes! High-five for saying this...I'm sooo burnt out, but only 6 years to go....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back