Parents punishment

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Nope, not ok and you're not overreacting. I coach a lot of 7yo in our preteam and early compulsories and I could not imagine my coworkers expressions if I "punished" a child by sitting them in splits for 30min...! Yup, you could get a rope climb, some V-ups, some leg tighteners or sprints (depending on what you need a reminder for or redirection...) but nothing that would be anything but beneficial in the end no matter how boring.. !

Good for you! I'm sorry you are having to deal with this, especially when you thought this was the right gym for you. You are sending a very powerful message to your DD on not accepting behavior that is abusive and demeaning. I hope you find a new gym soon. Keep us updated!

And this is what was one of the main decider factors, I can not, in good conscious, hear my child's words and see her tears, and let her stay in an environment that is teaching her this is ok. I'm her parent and need to watch out for her.

We're taking the next couple of weeks off for a break and will figure out the future then. Meets or no meets, doesn't matter at this point.
Thank you!

Good for you! I'm sorry you are having to deal with this, especially when you thought this was the right gym for you. You are sending a very powerful message to your DD on not accepting behavior that is abusive and demeaning. I hope you find a new gym soon. Keep us updated!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back